In Texas, there are three primary elements used to identify “high-opportunity areas” for building affordable housing: high income, low levels of poverty, and high-quality schools. The idea is to counteract the “harm” of years of building affordable housing in areas of concentrated poverty by moving low-income families into high opportunity areas. The goal is to create new, diverse communities where relocated families and their children have an opportunity to thrive.
- Coming to Greenspoint: A $77 million, 325-unit affordable housing complex
- Esports Is Booming. In Houston, Facilities Aren’t Keeping Up
- A Game Changer for Houston
- Construction Progresses on The Residences at Hardy Yards
- ZG Companies Named to the 2018 Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies